Press | UBM Rolls out [PRE] COTERIE
The show will feature premium women's apparel and accessories, spanning resort, international women's wear, designer accessories and fine jewelry, swim and active.
By Lisa Lockwood on May 14, 2018
UBM Fashion will roll out a new seasonal show called [PRE] COTERIE from June 10 to 12 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
The show will feature premium women’s apparel and accessories, spanning resort, international women’s wear, designer accessories and fine jewelry, swim and active.
The launch of [PRE] COTERIE is part of the significant restructure of the New York trade event calendar that UBM Fashion revealed last October. As reported, UBM said it would introduce a pre-collections show in June, a dual-gender fashion trade show in July — and January 2019 — and would eliminate Intermezzo after the January 2018 show.
More than 200 brands will be showing at [PRE] COTERIE, including apparel, accessories and a direct-to-consumer shopping area featuring vintage, beauty and apothecary. [PRE] COTERIE is one-quarter the size of COTERIE.
The [PRE] COTERIE show is expected to provide American designers with the opportunity to present pre-collections to domestic and international retailers. The show will act as a kickoff event for the international fashion event circuit segueing into the June Milan and Paris fashion shows.
“COTERIE understands the importance of launching a pre-collection platform [also known as resort, spring or holiday] as there has been an increasing demand for delivery at the elevated portion of the market,” said Danielle Licata, women’s fashion director/vice president brand director of COTERIE. “[PRE] COTERIE was conceived to bring together the top global brands and retailers in an intimate and experiential setting.”
Mike Alic, managing director of UBM Fashion, added, “Many fashion brands will be activating their New York showrooms during this time period and [PRE] COTERIE also runs during the same market period as the CFDA Fashion Awards, The Accessories Council ACE Awards, and the Fashion Footwear Association of New York’s June Market Week. New York’s fashion industry and scene will certainly be going full speed with [PRE] COTERIE at its center.”
The show will feature a collection of high-end brands from Latin America, including Brazilian brands Charmosa, Skazi, Adriana Degreas, among others. In addition, the Cartagena shopping destination, St. Dom, has curated a selection of Colombian swim and resort brands, including Oropendola, Baletti, Renata Lozano, Moda Zeta and Loborosa.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America has partnered with [PRE] COTERIE to invite a group of designer labels, including Becca McCharen-Tran’s Chromat, Yeohlee, Cynthia Rowley and Grey Jason Wu.
[PRE] COTERIE will have knitwear designer Victor Glemaud and New York-based designer Frederick Anderson.
In addition, The COTERIE Experience, which launched in February 2017, will return on a grander scale. There will be floor-to-ceiling art installations and immersive displays that combine branded content with inspiring decor. The themes of growth, change and disruption are conveyed via butterflies and vibrant exploding florals.
Neighborhoods represented on the [PRE] COTERIE floor will include:
- Beauty: Beauty and apothecary items and brands, available for both wholesale and retail, including Immunocologie, Zero Gravity Skin, among others.
- Circuit: A contemporary women’s accessory exhibition featuring designer and fine jewelry, handbags, scarves, belts and gift items, including Annabel Ingall, Julie Vos, Dean Davidson and Serpui.
- Edit: Spotlights sophisticated collections, luxe knitwear and runway social occasion looks. Brands include Piazza Sempione, Amanda Wakeley, Seventy and Greta Constantine.
- Grey: Features the better segment of the young contemporary market, with brands such as Free People, BB Dakota, Dolce Vita and Place Showroom.
- [PRE] COTERIE: The main floor will showcase holiday through spring deliveries brands ranging from denim to active street, including 360 Cashmere, Misa Los Angeles, Sundry, Parker and DL 1961.
- Studio by Maris Collective: Resort and swim collections including collections from Brazil Fashion Week and Colombia.
- Vintage: Will showcase a curated selection of vintage dealers with one-of-a-kind apparel and accessories. Vendors include Apfel’s Personal Jewelry Archive, Vanessa’s Vintage, Morphew, Metropolis Vintage, Lulu’s Vintage Lovelies, Kitschtopia, Classic Coco Handbags, and Another Man’s Treasure.
Beauty@COTERIE and Vintage@COTERIE will open their doors to the public allowing consumers to shop the three-day, ticketed pop-up.
[PRE] COTERIE will run adjacent to Fame, Moda and AccessoriesTheShow, which focus on women’s immediates. Fame features contemporary and trend-driven ready-to-wear such as Vintage Havana, Steve Madden, Little Me, Lush Clothing and Elan. Moda will carry modern collections such as Maggy London, Veronica M, Chalet, Eva Varro, Patty Kim and Donna Morgan. AccessoriesTheShow has brands such as Sondra Roberts, Urban Expressions, Tolani, Echo Design, Zenzii. An area called Feature will replace The Nest with accessories brands for cash and carry and wholesale orders.
WWD announces UBM Fashion’s launch of ReMode, a new conference launching in Los Angeles in November. Read the full article here.
For more from WWD and to subscribe, click here.